Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Progressives

As we are starting to climb the ladder in the amount of distance we run per week, I seem to become a little more conscience of my health and my efforts to remain 'sick-free' ... so that I can continue on the climb. For the last little while I have started to take my multi-vitamin regularly. Since then I have been asking around as to what else I should be taking, or not taking. I first want to mention that I have bought MANY vitamins over the year, and most times I come down with some sort of illness, after I take the new vitamin for a week. Most say it's all psychological...but I would have to disagree! Anywho of all the millions I have taken over the years, Progressives have been the only ones where I have felt healthier while remaining constant with them. So to all of you out there still looking for a multi-vitamin, I would totally recommend Progressives. The one I take is for 'Active Women', but there are different levels and doses that match up with an individuals lifestyle. I know that you can get all your nutrition from the food you eat, however, I just have a better peace of mind when I get that added boost of nutrition...plus you never know, the ingredients in your vitamins may help you combat a future illness! Here are some of the benefits to the ingrediants in my vitamins (ps. I am only making a product plug from the kindness of my heart and speak only truth):
Combat Stress & Fatigue - additional B vitamins and higher potencies of the entire vitamin C family help to combat the increased stress levels associated with an active lifestyle. Glutathione, calcium, and magnesium also assist in supporting adrenal function and reducing fatigue.
Increased Oxygen Uptake - malic acid, coenzyme Q10 and ginkgo biloba all contribute to greater oxygen uptake, which improves energy production and enhances performance, stamina and endurance.
Electrolyte Replacement - potassium, calcium, magnesium and sea salt take part in replacing and balancing the minerals and electrolytes lost through strenuous activity.
Antioxidant Support - additional vitamin A,C,E, coenzyme Q-10, selenium, as well as added alpha lipoic acid and grape seed extract help to neutralize the damage from exposure to free radicals.
Greater Recuperation - N-acetyl cysteine, phosphatidyl serine and L-glutamine help to minimize recovery time after exercise. They also aid in the repair and maintenance of muscle tone.
You can find additional product information on their website: www.progressivenutritional.com
The company is also Canadian! It's nice to represent!
(I also am now taking Progressives Fish Oil Capsules, vit. D, and Ester C....but I will get into those at a later date!)
Ps. You can find this vitamin at Popeyes and or Whole Foods in Oakville (just to name a few)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin - you do get some of your cal/mag from a multi but not enought to support the endocrine system 100% you should also add a cal/mag to your daily routine to help combate fatigue - I find that the extra boost night and day really helps me out.
elecia

Anonymous said...

hey those were the ones I was on when I was taking vitamins. Do you think you could buy some for me with dads$ and he could bring them up. however I need the ones for over 50!!! Thanks ERIN
Mom XO