Friday, July 11, 2008

You Either Have It Or You Don't

...and I do not have it! What I am talking about is the ability to walk into any Winners store and find a gem in the rough. Over the years I have commented on nice purchases that friends have bought, and when they reply "Winners", I immediately forget how much of a failure I am there, and make my way over to the nearest one...to then remember right away as I walk through the door that I NEVER find anything there!! I make a promise to myself after every visit to stop wasting my time and restrain myself from the inevitable disappointment!! My friend Heather definitely has it, and in her presence I found my sweet black 'book bag/purse/work bag' and on another occasion (on my own) I did find my wallet of the present moment, a wallet I love...however over 28 years that is all I have found (of course the odd bundle of work out socks which I do not include)! This past weekend Dave's girlfriend Cassandra had an awesome sun dress on that I fell in love with...and low and behold she bought it at Winners (of course). Since last weekend I have been to 5 Winner locations; including Newmarket...and my mom even went to the Barrie store to hunt for the dress...and of course 2 of the 6 stores only had Larges left, and the other 4 showed no sign the dress was ever there...boo hoo!! So this is my promise to myself, I will not go into Winners again unless I am with someone who "has it!".
Ps. On my way up to the cottage I just so happened to make my way to Newmarket where they have one of the greatest shopping centres (FYI for those that need a break from the lovely cottage drives)...at this mall is the BEST Forever 21(my fav store!)...it is huge with lots and lots of selection. For those of you who have yet to be a fan, please note that 85% of the store is pretty tacky and unwearable, however it's the remaining 15% that makes it all worth while! I always leave with sweet finds (unlike at my foe Winners)!

2 comments:

Josie said...

I have the exact same experience at Winners. I HATE IT THERE!!! I feel like I spend hours searching around when I could just go to a regular store and grab something quickly. I always feel like I'm missing a section or maybe the Winners I'm at is not a good location,but no, it is just me. I don't have to ability to find a gem in the rough, unless it is at Tiffany's.

little h. said...

i love winners...but i must admit ive been looking for your dress for u to know avail....sorry dude