Monday, February 23, 2009

and the oscar goes to...

81 years? incredible...I love the fact that 'the' award show brought some history to the stage! Though it seemed a little lengthy and I was taking the odd "i'll just close my eyes for a wee bit" breaks...I thought there were some special moments that need to be recognized - and some that could have been passed. First off I loved loved LOVED the fact that the 4 highly distinguished awards were presented from 5 previous Oscar winners. It was very powerful and if I won an award I would be over the moon to be presented from actors that had inspired me over the years.(Also so appropriate that a standing ovation were greeting the esteemed actors as they walked on the stage) Secondly, I loved everything the stage had to offer. I totally thought the Oscar creators added more creativity to the stage, instead of adding just your straight up video clips. Finally, I thought Hugh Jackman did a fab job. Talk about a well rounded guy! And also thought Slumdog Millionaire deserved the night! Now things that were lacking and could have been changed! The red carpet: it seemed to lack the A listers! Where was Leo? Also what's an award show without Jack Nicholson? Award Winners: I'm sorry but Kate Winslet does a great job at all movies she is in, but to me she hasn't put in enough time...Best Actress should have gone to Meryl Streep. Furthermore, the middle hour of the show could have been wrapped up in 10 minutes...seemed way to lengthy for me! All in all, thought it was a 8/10 show. ps. best speeches: Penelope Cruz and Sean Penn
Now in terms of style: Best dressed: Penelope Cruz - her dress was 60 years old, and just like the Oscars it proved to be timeless. Best hair: Jennifer Aniston. Best couple: Robert Downey and his wife - can't pinpoint why. Best jewels: Angelina Jolie. Best pink: Natalie Portman. Best dressed in her career: Alicia Keys. Best group: Slumdog Millionaire kids. Worst dressed: Kate Winslet and Miley Cyrus.
ps. for the love...would it not get warmer outside already!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts on the Oscars, however my disagreements are: I thought Kate Winslet looked fab. She was number one in my books. Meryl has been around for a long time, and I was happy Kate won. She too has been in many movies and deserved it. Loved her speach as well. Loved her dad whistling!!! Seeing Penelope reminded me our our day in Paris shopping with her in the chanel store!!! She is georgous in jeans or dressed up. Congtats to her!!!Sean Penn, not one of my fav actors, but liked his speach. Did not like Sara Jessica's dress or hair..Yuk!! Anyway all in all a great show! Mom xo

Anonymous said...

k I have to add - what about the jewelery Hedi Klum was wearing - I thought she looked fantastic!!!!
elecia

Anonymous said...

Elecia...I might have had my eyes closed at that moment, as Idon't remember seeing her...but Angelina's jewells...amazing!!! yes please!!!
Auntie B xo