Tuesday, February 24, 2009

support the community

Last night as I was humming and hawing over if I should have sushi or thai for dinner last night, I realized just how important supporting my local shops are to me! Though I am somewhat of a guest of Oakville, I know a lot of my friends are residents of Mississauga / Oakville / Burlington so I thought I would share some places that need to be ventured to in order to keep our town prosperous (and also so they remain in business so that I don't have to visit elsewhere ha!). So here is a "lonelyplanet" entry par moi (hots spots of Oakville that I can be found in - addresses can be google'd):
Sushi: Ami Sushi
Fine dining sushi: Oki Sushi or Mye Japanese Restaurant
Thai: Thai Chef (order veggie phad thai with broccoli)
Best Food Market: Jubilee
Sandwiches, Pizza, Salads: Stoney's
Cards and Gifts: Write Impressions
Cards and Flowers: Wholefoods
Supplements and Organic Skin Care: Nutrition House (Oakville place) and Popeye's (Dorval)
Yoga: My Kula
Yoga attire: Lulu of course - but in Oakville!
Outdoor Attire: Running Company, Running Room, and M.E.C (Burlington)
Hair Salon: Monzer (Laura is who I go to)
Nail Salon: Bebe (not my fav...but a good price)
Wool: The Wool Bin (Kerr)
Favourite Plaza: Wholefoods, Shoppers, and Starbucks plaza on Cornwall
Please note: when I lived in LP I always thought people who lived in Oakville lived in a bubble - and often I would comment on this - however slowly but surely I realized this bubble is an ok place to be in. All we need is a holts at Oakville place. ha! (maybe once I get a job!)
ps. got the nicest card in the mail today from Bernice - my own personalized starbucks card! best gift ever! thank you!

2 comments:

little h. said...

bernice hoped you would like that!

Josie said...

I love all those spots! Yeah for Oakville.