Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wine Review

One of the perks of having parents who are wine connoisseurs is the opportunity to taste all sorts of different wines. We have a few standards at the house that I have quite enjoyed over the years, but recently with my parents home from Florida for the week, my dad has been drinking and sharing a very nice Pinot Noir by Robert Mondavi. So thought I would share...it's really good - and why not try it out on Valentine's? Though in my serving days I had to take wine tasting courses, I still can't taste what you are suppose to taste or smell; so for those wine enthusiasts who need to know a little more about the wine here goes: It is rare to find a pinot noir at about this price that is even drinkable. This widely distributed wine from Mondavi is actually enjoyable. It's a medium-bodied, fruity red that is entirely free of the quirky flavors that tend to crop up in budget pinot noirs. It is reminiscent of a well-made regional Bourgogne from a top-notch producer. This easy-drinking wine with bright black-cherry flavors would be a versatile companion to a wide variety of foods - from red meat to fish - and an excellent addition to restaurant wine lists (and wine for your house). Price point: $20

ps. off to the cottage this weekend to spend my valentine's with the people i love :) Hope everyone has a happy Valentine's and Family Day weekend! xo
pps. Cinnamon hearts are no where to be found...I wait all year for them to make their way on shelves across the city, and to date all I have had are some nibbles of them at Heather's! the hunt continues!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that wine review straight from you???or did you read it somewhere. I'm impressed!!!
Cinamon Hearts...come on, I will have them..what's Valentines Day without them!!!
Looking forward to all my Loves spending the weekend in Muskoka...Sunshine...snowshoeing....fires....movies....dinners...and of course ....wine!!!!
Mom xoxo

little h. said...

there was def a shortage of cinnamon hearts! that bowl we ate was all i could find this year!