Sunday, December 3, 2006

Christmas Month




It's official...it's December: Christmas month!

Last week it totally didn't feel as if it was even close to being Christmas...well I guess it kind of did; Starbucks did have all their decorations up and "holiday"coffee cups in use; Oakville's lights were all up and looking pretty, but I didn't have the feeling you get when you know Christmas is approaching! However, this weekend made it official....Friday night was Mosaic' Christmas party, I do admit I wasn't the most eager to go, but with my date (Jodie) by my side we decided to let loose and take advantage of the great night! It was at Liberty Grand (such a beautiful building...I could see future events happening there), in the Centennial room. It was nice to get to know people I work with on a more personal level. During the night, a comedian came out to entertain the group, I was a little sketchy about the idea of having a comedian...but once he got started I couldn't stop laughing my head off...he certainly had Bryce humour, as both Jodie and I were laughing harder than anyone else. HA! The night then continued on with a little dancing, ok a lot of dancing, and it was hilarious to see my boss out on the dance floor busting a groove! We then decided to continue the night at a bar, so with centre piece in hand (Jodie won), we left the party and went to Moro (where Booby ball was held) but didn't get in, for lack of mula...boo hoo; so Jodie and I went back to her place, where I fell asleep on her couch still with dress and jacket on..oops.

Saturday, bryce sisters decided to go to the Christmas"One of the Kind Craft Show"...I was a little hesitant at the beginning as I heard it wasn't anything special this year, but since it is a tradition, we went anyways...and absolutely loved it!! I wont go into too much detail, but it was amazing to see all of the Canadian designers...and maybe one day I will set up a booth and join my fellow artisans! The highlight of the show was a booth called Luved that we stumbled across. www.luved.ca. Her stuff was amazing!! Jodie and I both bought a sweater. (Shown in picture...i got an emerald colour one)

Some other booths people should check out: www.kosoyandbouchard.com and www.buttercupdays.ca


To continue the Christmas spirit weekend, Saturday night, I went to Christina's beautiful apartment (fully decorated with Christmas decorations...Mrs. Winkels is known for her holiday spirit) where we caught up on things, and went to see Jason Collett play at Lee's Palace. He was very good, defiantly will be downloading his music.

I do feel this is getting to be too long of an entry....so I will wrap it up!

Today was spent listening to Christmas music and cleaning (mom and dad don't houses clean by themselves??). One thing about my dad he sure does know his Christmas music.

Christmas Song/artists of the day: Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers (any of their songs will do...strongest memory of Christmas...listening to their record over and over again...my parents wouldn't have it any other way)



1 comment:

marci said...

Hi Erin... so neat to see you blogging. Then I checked out your links and it was fun to see what the rest of the Sheridan girls were up to. One thing I regret from that year at school was not getting to know all of your girls better... it seems like you've all stayed pretty close and have a lot of fun. I was the outsider though, on a mission, to get in and get out... as I'm finding out now, not always the best policy. Anyway, I will checking back regularily, so keep posting. I have my own business and blog too... www.definingmoments.ca. I'm curious... you mentioned about maybe bringing your talents to on of those shows someday... what's behind your creative drive. I loved the sweaters you showed... I just ordered one myself. Peace and love. Marci