Monday, December 18, 2006

The week before Christmas

Can you believe that Christmas is this weekend!! WOW!! ...and that I will be in South Africa this weekend? Cause I can't believe it!! It will have been over 2 months since Andrew and I have seen one another (and of course I will just have come off the longest flight ever looking terrible for our reunion!) ... but it's all good cause the South African sun will create a nice glow...i hope. hehe! Any who so needless to say I am super excited!! I just have to figure out what to pack?? (have been warned several times..."pack light Erin!!"...but how will all the pressies fit?")
This weekend was another busy weekend...I just love this time of year! Friday Jen and I went to the movies and saw Blood Diamond...great movie!! Best one of the year so far, well other than Devil Wears Prada ;) ... I just also found out the movie was based on the Diamond company "DaBeers"...to all of those in the market for a sparkly diamond do not go to DaBeers!! The movie defiantly opened my eyes to a very serious problem in Africa, and hopefully one day soon this problem will become obsolete!
Saturday I went to hot yoga with my mom, and Katie was there...I have transformed my mom into a yogian...she's a little bit of a preacher right now, but she did great!! Then I went to Winterchill with the Western crowd. It's great to have Jen home!! She was for sure missed!! (did i tell you she loves Ireland?..how is that possible...hmmmm) Heather and Marissa also joined the event! We headed to Casey's afterwards where we made the cabbie stop at McD's...oh my gosh! I haven't been there in forever, but at 3am I ate my fries like no other! Also did I mention our cab ride cost over $80? Clearly we thought we were getting a free ride! Highlight of the night, Casey solved my problem for a secret Santa gift I have been searching for the last few weeks. What do you buy a 30 year old male for $15 that you barely know? A gumball machine...Casey just happened to have a spare.
Sunday was spent with family/Nadeau's at Credit Valley where we had a nice brunch and exchanged gifts. I got a very nice bracelet from a Canadian designer. I have to find the link for the company, but I will post it when i can. All the girls stuff is very pretty!! As we were all sitting around talking around the fire it felt as if something was missing...what's Christmas without your grandparents! They will be forever missed!!
Tomorrow is Secret Santa day...one at lunch and one with the girls for dinner. I'll let you all know how is goes.
Christmas song of the week: Mariah Carey "All I want for Christmas" - very suitable for me :)
ps. sorry for the large photo! I tried to re-size it but it kept warping our faces!

No comments: