Saturday, June 2, 2007

Music Review: Serena Ryder

http://www.999mixfm.com/media/536498/Serena+Ryder
Click on the link above and then click on 'listen'
I am a huge fan of new musical talent, especially young Canadian females! After listening to the song "Weak in The Knees" by Serena Ryder, I felt a connection some how, I think it was the voice and the way the artist sang the song, and how peaceful the music was especially when it is cranked up in the car (of course)! And just the other day Serena Ryder was on the Mad Dog and Billie morning radio show and she was being interviewed and my appreciation for her definitely grew. (You'll have to listen to the link to relate to what I am saying) She will be playing on June 8th and the Music Hall Theatre (if anyone wants to come) and will be touring with some favourites: Xavier Rudd, John Butler Trio, Chris Isaac, and Ray LaMontagne. Amazing!
On a side note: I am a huge fan of Mad Dog and Billie, I listen to them every morning (and always have) they always have me laughing! My 3 favourite morning shows of theirs have been (that I can remember): 1. Review of Serena Ryder 2. Review of Keith Urban 3. Review of Laughing Yoga (soo funny!!). So those of you who are still deciding what radio station to listen to as they drive to work....give 99.9fm a chance!
Book Review: Just finished reading "The Friday Night Knitting Club", I give it a 3 star. Shocked by the ending. What was that all about? About to read Angela's Ashes, the only book around the cottage that I have yet to read. I hear it's a great read, so I will let you know how it goes.
Ps. I am going to try and cut back on quotes, I just re-read some of my entries...and I was like ya ya enough of the quotes..sorry for going over board! Ha!
Pss. At the cottage at the moment, Jodie and I are about to head off for a bike ride. Peace out!

No comments: