Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Stanley Cup Finals?

It's a known fact I am not much of a sports "watching" fan...or should I say I really don't watch sports at all, or try very hard not to...for some reason once I see sports on the television I get frustrated, ancy and boredom hits right away! I just want to change the channel when I see sports to something like Amazing Race, Sex and the City or Oprah. For someone who grew up playing every sport under the sun, and continues to stay involved in sports, why is it I hate watching it? I don't even like going to games...well most of the time. When I was in South Africa I went to a Cricket Game, and when I was there someone informed me it was a 5+ hour game...I was like WHAT? are you serious?!?! He told me I should have brought a book, or even my knitting...I was like "ya well you should have told me" ha! Any who as much as I hate to be categorized as a "typical girl" when it comes to letting boys watch sports, I just have to come to terms with it...and so do the boys!! I do appreciate the talent of professional athletes and also always wished I could have been a pro in something, and sometimes just sometimes I do get into the game it just depends on the company and if its the play offs. Any who that being said, hockey is on in the background, I have already channel surfed and there is nothing on...sigh!! I have already worked out, had dinner, and did all the little things I do at night...so i have no choice, and the book I am reading is starting off slow. So here I am watching the Stanley Cup finals. Who knew hockey still played in June? Anaheim is up 1-0 against Ottawa in the 1st period...I am putting my vote on Ottawa...I usually choose the winner for pro line by whether or not i like the place the team is from (yes typical girl) and in this case California is way way better, however I am Canadian, so Ottawa it is. Go Senators!! Ooops just as I typed that the ducks scored a goal....eeesh!

1 comment:

Josie said...

Looks like to picked the wrong team to cheer for Erin...oh well!

It is odd that you do not like to watch sports, especially since Andrew is always on one team or another.

Although I am very girlie, I actually enjoy watching sports. Football, golf, basketball, and hockey. There are times that I may not feel like it but I so actually watch games. I find the trick to getting yourself to like watching is to pick a side to cheer for. I always say to Dave, "So who should I be going for?"

That being said, if there is a good Sex and the City episode on or Dr.Oz is on Oprah I will definitely not watch sports or Dave and I will comprimise....watch sports during the commercials!!! haha.

What amazes me about men and sports is how the heck they know about every person/team in every sport!!! It blows my mind!