Wednesday, August 29, 2007

According to Dr. Oz

OK so...I was watching Oprah yesterday (yes I am a student!) and Dr. Oz was on the show. For all of those who were able to watch the show I am sure you have started your health kick starting yesterday at 5pm (when the show finished...of course downing a bunch of water while watching). This is what Dr. Oz had to share with Oprah and us viewers. Please pay close attention because seeing as I have never read a food label, I am definitely going to start!

Ingredients that should NOT be listed in the top 5 ingredients of a product:
1. Sugar
2. High Fructose Corn Syrup
3. Enriched Flour
4. Saturated Fat / Animal Fat
5. Partially Hydrogenated Oil (Trans Fat)
If the item you are eating or drinking has these ingredients in their top 5 throw it out...these items tell your brain that you are starving and you should eat and eat and eat! (For all you soda and diet soda drinkers out there...put down your drinks and pick up some of the clear stuff,!)

List of Foods with a Health punch:
1. Garlic (helps eliminate bacteria in your intestines)
2. Tomatoes - sauce (Very high antioxidant) - Oxidants are what age you and slow your body down
3. Olive Oil - Good fat! (Make sure to store Olive Oil in a dark bottle or in the fridge - heat damages the oil)
4. Nuts - Almonds (Healthy oils - roasted nuts are not good, as the healthy oils are damaged)
5. Pomegranates - Dr. Oz says that you can not get enough of these....very high antioxidants!

Well for any of you who would like to see the Oprah show from yesterday I do have it PVR'd!
Ps. I have decided to say good-bye to my "Non-Fat Tazo Chai's"....seeing as they are sugar and high fructose corn syrup (I am only guessing). It's a sad day. I have decided though that I am allowed 1 a week, don't want to get too crazy! All in moderation right? (Zarine gives me a month...ha! At least she knows I have will power for at least 30 days!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like sugar, and I like YOU!!! xx

Anonymous said...

I watched the show as well, and then my dinner consisted of spinach, tomatoes and a splash of olive oil. yummy!!!Felt like a healthy din din