Saturday, March 27, 2010

Your Destiny is Now

The train seemed to move endlessly toward the horizon as I drove along beside it. To me, trains symbolize destiny. For a long time, the concept of destiny confused me. I wondered how to find my destiny. I hoped I had one. I wondered what it would feel like when I got there. But destiny doesn't bewilder me anymore. I enjoy seeing trains.
Destiny isn't some distant place, or a peak of fame and fortune. Destiny isn't one moment in our lives, one time when we shine for all the world to see. Those moments are nice, if they come. But there's more to destiny than that.
Destiny is now. Destiny is each moment of our lives, shining through, linking together, like the endless cars on the train. Destiny means embracing each moment, being present for it, cherishing it because it is our now. Whether it holds exhilaration, discovery, sadness, tough decisions, confusion, or tender love, each moment is our destiny. These moments of destiny link together in an endless chain to become our lives.
Let yourself live and be in each moment,
with each person, learning each lesson along the way.
Destiny isn't someplace we go.
Destiny is where we are.
~ Journey to the Heart
ps. Happy Birthday to Nicole and Hennum (aka Mommy Christina Biles!). Enjoy a night of celebrations and a year of dreams come true!
pps. Tackling a 30k race tomorrow - ATB - Around the Bay here I come!

No comments: