Monday, March 12, 2007

A Mini Vacation

Last week seemed like a long week, and I needed nothing more than to get away for a mini vacation...and lucky for me Kim invited Chris and I up to her Aunts place in Collingwood! After taking my car into the shop on Saturday; Chris and I headed up. When we got there we caught up with Kim and had an amazing dinner with her family! Then the 3 of us girls headed out on the town ;) We stopped by a cottage where a bunch of our high school friends were staying and had a couple drinks....we then went to the "Village"and did a little bar hopping. Sometimes it's great to tour the town and do as much as you can with your girlfriends! The next day Kim and I pretended we didn't need a sleep in and headed to the Peaks where we hiked the hill. Memories!! It was a strange feeling being back at the Peaks, especially since it was my second home growing up as a kid. Many days were spent over looking Georgian Bay at the Georgian Peaks Ski Club! Any who after our hike up and down on the most gorgeous day of the winter so far, we went back to Kims where we had a scrumptious brunch! Our mission of doing as much as one can do in 2 days continued and we headed to a day spa where we relaxed in out door hot tubs, enjoyed some sauna time and had several Eucalyptus steam sessions...it was the end to a perfect holiday! Thanks Kim!! And now I am back to reality...boo hoo...I went to pick up my car today and of course it cost me close to a grand...oh my gosh!! This month was going to be my saving month, I haven't even really shopped in forever, and of course my car konks out! I guess there is a life lesson to be learned...let me figure it out first before I share. You know when you are desperately trying not to spend money? But the more you try the more money you feel you are shelling out to things you have no control over...argh! I even ran out of Yoga passes today, somebody throw me a frickin bone here!!
pps. Happy Birthday Nana! Even though she is deeply loved and missed, we all know she is somewhere dancing up a storm with a cocktail (apple juice) in one hand, ciggie in the other and looking more gorgeous than can imagine (with Papa by her side), and looking down on us all with a huge smile and peace in her heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had a really good weekend...sounds wonderful!!!!!Next time you want a good weekend come and see me in Florida...miss you and love you!!!!????