Monday, March 26, 2007

Style Icon

As all of you know, I have a itsy bitsy appreciation for fashion....and just the other day I was asked who would be my style icon? who would I switch closets with? ...and the hands down answer was "Sienna Miller". I think what makes her so unique is her ability to put an outfit together that are from all different stores. She has the ability to put a pair of R&R jeans, with a Chloe bag, Topshop shirt, and flea market scarf together seamlessly! I think it's so important to not be so hung up on wearing a top to bottom $$ outfit, but to choose your pieces and then go bargain shopping (Tar-get, Topshop, H&M, JoeFresh and old navy)...for now a days these bargain stores are competing with the heavy hitters and are becoming very creative and trendy, and in some cases have more selection and style then the designer stores. I do think your staple items such as jeans should be an investment, and I do love finding a "must have" at holts...but you know what I mean. I am just trying to give a shout out to my trendy bargain stores for helping me keep with the trends without burning a hole in my wallet (I've got my Lucy lemon car to do that for me) But back to Sienna I feel she is very unique in her choices, and because of this characteristic it makes her radiate confidence...
Ps. I want to write something about the din din (aps&wine) on Friday night with the girls and our boys, but I am waiting for Josie to arrive back to steal her pictures!! Congrats Erin & Cam, so happy for you both!

No comments: