Sunday, April 1, 2007

My date with Heathrow!

Well I have made it across the pond; and am sitting here in Heathrow airport waiting until 5am to then check in for my flight at 6:50am. What was I thinking? I thought I would get to London, check in, do a little shopping in the terminal, have a starbucks or 2, read my book and take a nap....but i was wrong! All the shops are closed, starbucks is no where to be found, and I have to keep my luggage with me until 5am when an Aerlingus person opens the booth to check in...which is 6 hours away. What to do? At least I am SUPER tired! I had the longest past 3 days doing a training 'thang' with Mosaic, and last night I arrived home at 3am, where I had a 1 hour nap, and then woke up at 5am to get ready to head out. I'm a little tired to think of anything more to write, but it wouldn't be great if the airport had a movie theatre or something to occupy my time! I guess I should have prepared myself a little more. Looks like I will be reading the newest Shopaholic book from cover to cover! My date with Heathrow is turning out to be a bust! Can't wait to arrive in Dublin tomorrow!
ps. It's Jodie's birthday on the 4th...when did we all grow up? I wish I could be there to celebrate, but I will be bringing a lil something something for her from Topshop, and an extra bonus for the fact that she drove me to the airport at 6:30am this morning...that's what sisters are for ;)
Pps. For the past few mornings I have been waking up in the late 5's, early 6's...not my ideal schedule, but when I wake up I hear the Geese making their noises, and it always brings me back to the time when a couple of us girls (you know who you are) would wake up at a god awful time every morning in high school to get out on the water at the Don to Row as a team of 4. I hated when the alarm would go off, but it was such a surreal moment when you are out on the river/lake and all you could hear was our ores dipping in the water, our seats going back and forth & we were able to watch the sun rise; knowing we were one of the first to see it. I don't know why I have been thinking about that lately but rowing was such an amazing experience with so many stories....

2 comments:

little h. said...

sounds like a lousy way to spend the night! poor you. oh well that book will help to keep you busy...although i was thru it in 3 hours...i hope you can drag it out a bit longer than that.

Anonymous said...

Too bad we didn't get a flight all the way to Dublin...Oh well, It's over now...and you will have a great week I'm sure...xoxo