Saturday, April 14, 2007

Just a thought

First thought: When asked recently how I enjoyed my holidays in Ireland last week...I thought to myself "my gosh was I in Ireland last week? It feel as if it's been a month that has past" ... so upsetting! I guess that's the case for all holidays. You start your count down the second you have made the decision to go; you board the plane when the count down is over; you then settle into your holiday groove and before you know it in a blink of a second you are back at your desk and plugging away! Sometimes life stands still and other times it goes so fast you have to try and plant your feet to stay steady! I find though after holidays life stands a little too still and you start to question everything (not to be read between the lines..bren) Any who I don't know how I got into this subject but I think it's because I was just looking at pics on Jen's facebook from Ireland. So these last few days have been crazy busy at work! The project we have been working on since January is finally launching...equals 8 am starts to 10 om lock ups 24/7 including this weekend (hence the reason it's Saturday night, and I am sitting in bed with Thomas Crown Affair on in the background and labtop sitting in lap) We are taking Monday off though! Julia Roberts Woop Woop!! and it's going to be a day of pampering: you better believe it!

Second thought: Today I learnt that first impressions really do mean everything! I always considered myself to have an open mind and to not always judge a person by their cover or by their decisions, but I think we all hold our first impressions of a person at the forefront of our minds until the individual makes us think otherwise and proves our thoughts wrong...or in some cases proves our thoughts right.
Ps. Kim is heading to Dublin in a couple weeks...I want to go too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo...love it,,,and love you too.. I don't analize...do I

Josie said...

Deep entry Miss Erin...I love it.

Life is a crazy thing sometimes and I totally know what you mean by it moving too fast or standing still. We all get in the habit of looking forward to things in the future..."I can't wait for my trip"..."I can't wait to get engaged"..."I can't wait to buy a house". It is the "grass is always greener” feeling. So the question is… is it just our generation that feels this way? Is it impossible to feel happy or satisfied in the present or will we always be thinking our life would be better if...

In the words of BB, "Is that all there is?" (haha classic)