Sunday, April 22, 2007

True Colours

Before you read my entry click on the link above and make sure to have your volume turned up! This will help to set the mood :)

Just the other day I was thinking about how we all have a story...no matter who you are, where you are from, or even if you are having the best day ever... all of us have a story and no one is perfect. We live in a world where we are constantly having to make decisions to move forward...decisions that can be as small as "what should I make for breakfast?" to ones that are huge decisions and can be life altering at times. In any case it's these decisions that change and shape our lives and make us who we are today...and it's how we deal with these decisions or answers to our questions we have that will let us move forward. I have been very lucky in my life to have amazing family, friends and a loved one that have stood by me through the hard times and through the good times and I just want to say Thank you! Thank you for reaching out to grab my hand and especially for when I need it the most!

Now most of you are wondering why the dove commercial relates to what I just said, and I'm not really sure it does...but when I heard the song today it really made me think about life...and made me realize we are all in this world together so lets try to be compassionate to those around us and lets be there for each other.

ps. I'm not sure that what I wanted to say was said, but hey I tried ;) If anything I hope everyone watched the commercial and took something away from it.

4 comments:

Josie said...

You are right, everyone does have a story. I try to remember that when I find myself being jealous of someone or wanting someone else's life. What appears perfect on the outside isn't always the case on the inside....it is like a yummy truffle that looks amazing on the outside but then you bite into it and it has a cherry filling - YUCK! haha

As for making decisions...boy do I hate making those life altering decisions. It is so much easier when you are young and your parents make them for you. However, if I think with my positive hat on I would say that there is really never a wrong decision because it is all a part of the journey and you actually learn more from the bad experiences.

Anonymous said...

Hey...not sure what this has to do with yor writing....but If I could be good at anything...I think I would love to be a dancer....Wow Dancing with the Stars!!!! Amazing Shape everyone is in... So I want to come back as a Dancer

E. Bryce said...

Ha! I want to come back as a dancer, or as Brenda Bryce :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yeh Yeh!!! Ok so Lets take ballroom dancing next year xo