Sunday, March 4, 2007

that extra half an inch

Today as I was in Chapters I fell across Victoria Beckham's new book "that extra half an inch...hair, heels and everything in between" . I had seen it in the new InStyle magazine, or it might have been Elle...whichever one i thought it looked very interesting. Needless to say it grabbed my attention, so I decided to purchase the book. For all you fashion guru's out there; I TOTALLY recommend it!! The pictures, and the layout of the book are so smart and very 'posh'. I was never a huge fan of Victoria Beckham's but after reading tid bits of the book, I find her very honest, creative and real to life.
Here is what she says in her introduction that I felt I could some what relate to: "There are people out there who only wear clothes 'because you have to' or 'because it's cold'. Be warned: This book is not for them! It's for girls who love fashion, who love that magical transformation of material on a hanger into something that makes you want to twirl in front of a mirror, that gives you the confidence to think: You know what? I look great! Fashion is how we express our personalities. Our way of saying, 'This is who I am," sometimes even, "This is who I would like to be.' Most of all fashion is about having fun and using your imagination."
.....
"As for the title, I'm actually talking about high heels. OK, so it's a bit tongue-in-cheek - but thats what it's all about. And as every woman knows, that extra half an inch makes all the difference...."
For all you fashionista's out there go pick up your copy today, it will definitely be worth it!
ps. At the end of each chapter she gives a summary of where to shop. For example Accessories: (items) Round Toe Shoes, Chunky boots, flip flops, wedges and platforms, day bags, evening bags, clutches, sunglasses, headbands, etc....and every time she lists a range of shops from Chloe, to Burberry, to Gap and Topshop (topshop being one of her fav stores...she had me at hello...ha!)
pps. Did I mention I think it's a fab book?!?!

1 comment:

Josie said...

I love when people talk about books that they are reading or have read.

That book sounds like a perfect gift for some people I know. I personally don't think I'm cool enough for it, but perhaps that is the book I need to read to become that cool person..haha