Friday, February 23, 2007

Just a plane ride away

Carrie: Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.

If you don't already know or haven't already guessed i have a tiny obsession with "Sex and the City"...for those of you who don't have an appreciation for the show and haven't watched each episode over 100x's; than let me explain...to me it isn't all about the title of the show, but rather it's about relationships with the people in your life, whether that be your boyfriend (loved one), your closest girlfriends, your family, and or the rest of the friends and people in your life. I find that no matter what is happening in my life, I can find an episode where I can relate to one of the characters and relate to what they are going through. I don't really know how to explain it, but I know Josie shares the same thoughts. Anywho so every so often I will post a quote from the show and maybe I will inspire others to join the obsession...
Back stepping a little: my inspiration for writing this post was because I was just thinking about how some of my best friends are living all over the world, and more continue to make their leaps!
...speaking of Sex and the City, I am about to jump on the treadmill to watch an episode or two.
Ps. Random posting I know!
Pss. Going to head to a movie tonight to watch "Music and Lyrics" with Kim...will let you know how it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, I shed another tear reading that one... I really hope that this can get going...for you!!!! Love You!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin! I love sex and the city- they are really inspiring!! I liked what you wrote.. it's nice reading your blog. Take care Petra xx

Josie said...

I was happy to see my name mentioned in this entry because I do love Sex and the City as much as you do.

Each and every episode brings with it a great message for women. I see a little bit of each character in myself, even Samantha.

For those who choose not to watch it because it may be blunt or sexual explicit...I say grow up! Life it like that not matter if you live in NYC or Oakville.

My favourite quote from the show is:

There are those that open you up to something new and exotic.
Those that are old and familiar.
Those that bring up lots of questions.
Those that bring you somewhere unexpected.
Those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back.

But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself.

And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous!


Now is that not the best comment ever!! I have used it in a wedding speech - classic!