Monday, February 12, 2007

Sunday showers...wedding showers!

Wrote last night: but Internet was down
I feel as if it's been awhile since I have focused on an entry...and even now I don’t have my full focus as I am watching the grammy's and my Internet is terrible right now...but none the less thought I would share some thoughts :) Today at my parents house (sorry i mean my house) we had a wedding shower for my cousin Elecia. First James girl to be engaged!! 1 down 5 to go!! We had a nice gathering of Elecia's relatives and friends...it's always so much fun having a room filled with females! We had a few lil' games we played, which we have been brainstorming all week. My mom chose the "what's in your purse game", I chose the "Famous Wives" game...I was June Cleaver and no one remembered my name (if you know the game you would understand) Some other famous wives we added to the mix: Princess Diana, Demi Moore, Wilma Flinestone, Mrs. Clause, Victoria Beckham...to name a few. Very interesting to see who pays attention to details and who has a great short term memory. Then Jodie chose the game (not sure the name...) "Pen into the bottle"....Here's a few pics that will demonstrate the uniqueness of the game. Jodie decided to practice the game last night in Collingwood...girls vs guys...with a couple bottles Im sure it could get interesting :) Also to note: Holly and Heather www.baby-cakes.com made AMAZING cupcakes for the shower...sooo good! YUMMY!!

Elecia: May your love be old fashion enough to survive the times and modern enough to last forever! Best wishes on your wedding day, I wish I could be there!! Cant wait to see all your pictures!!
Grammys: I am still watching them, but can I just tell you I feel as if they are soo good this year! Rascal Flats, Mary J. Blige, Justin Timberlake (his song was soo about his break up from CD), Beyonce, Shakira, Dixie Chicks....and the list goes on...they are all amazing performers!!
Ps. Diamond Ear covers are the new bling
Pps. I’m sorry to be rude, but PEOPLE if I was never friends with you before, and that means I had never even said hello to you in the halls in high school, that means we were never friends, so why is it you have added me to your facebook list of friends? This is not a popularity contest!?!?!

2 comments:

little h. said...

i may have to place a top shop order with you ;)

Josie said...

I totally agree with your comment about Facebook. Why when I reject someone do they keep asking to be friends? I don't want any more friends!!!
The way I see it, when you are in high school you have lots of friends, just like a new job posting with lots of applicants. After years go by you slowly cut that list down until you have the very best. I feel like I am at that stage now. I have the best friends now and do not want to hire anyone else, especially if I said hi to them once in high school. Get a life people!!!