Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscars

Can I just say that I was very disappointed in the fashion of the Oscars. Nicole Kidman, Gwynneth Paltrow, Beyonce (to name a few)...all looked ordinary or just wrong! However, Cameron Diaz stepped it up, and I thought she looked fabulous! Some of my favourite moments of the night were: Dreams Girls cast singing, Jayden (Will's Smith's son) presenting an award...sooo cute!, Forest Whitakers speech, Jack Nicolson (him just being at the awards is awesome, I always laugh when I see him) and my all time favourite was when the producer of The Departed gave a shout out to Leonardo DiCaprio. I think Leo FORSURE should have won best actor. He is an amazing actor, super cute, chill and cool, and in general a gift to the movie screen. My appreciation went up ten folds after I watched the movie Blood Diamond (sorry I am a preacher). As Josie and I discussed; for a person to qualify as best actor it should be about his present and past work, I feel Leo (first name basis) has so many amazing movies under his belt and he should have won, especially since he had 2 movies in the running. hmmm who do I speak to about this. Ok ok enough about that....anywho crazy how late the awards went to (12:18am) and of course I stayed up the entire time, and then some...watched the Barbara Walters special, watched a Sex and the City episode, and an Oprah show that I had taped...think I was up until 4am. I hate not being able to get to sleep! Oh ya that reminds me when Ellen was on the Barbara Walters show, Barbara asked her "If God were to call you up, what would you say to him" Ellen's response was "Thank you!"...I thought that was so great to hear...I think my mom would say the same thing...I guess I would too, but I am in a quarter life crisis (with a bunch of others..wink wink) that give me some time and I will answer the same way! Sorry I got off track...
Tonight I went to a SUPER hot yoga class...it was great....at one point I was like...umm is it raining in here? (Hot yogian's you'll know what I mean...Pam Compton was the instructor) Well thats all I have to say for tonight. I went and got Sushi for din, and I was thinking to my self..."there must be so much wasabi that goes to the waste in the world! I only use a dime worth, and they give you a golf ball size every time". ha! (If anyone has quotes I would love to hear them!!)

"In life as in Dance, Grace glides on blistered feet"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thx for the update! wicked! :) Really wanted to watch the Oscars, but it didn't start until 3am here in Sweden! a bit gutted, but I agree with you, the dresses wasn't amazing- but Cam Diaz was cool. did you see what Meryl Streep had? (saw a pic) Terrible! haha. Take care :) xo

Anonymous said...

As you can imagine...I didn't stay awake to watch it all. Wish we could have taped it. Oh well. I have been seeing lots of after stuff on it on the today show. I liked how Reese looked and of course agree with you on Cameron.

little h. said...

i think you have a lot to say right now! lots of entries! love it.